Saturday, May 26, 2012

It's Not a Bug Bite

I noticed a small red bump below Kosse's ear on Thursday.  I thought that maybe a bug had bitten him or maybe just a bump on baby skin.  Friday morning I was sitting on the couch with Kosse on my lap when I noticed the spot had swollen and was hard when I pushed on it.  I naturally flipped out and called and made an appointment for 11:20 (this was at 10:30).  The doctor said it was not a bug bite but a swollen lymphnode.  He said we needed to do an ultrasound to see if there was an absess because then he would go into the hospital and have it removed.  Naturally,  I'm really freaking out by now, but Kosse loved the ultrasound, the goo, and all the attention from the nurses.  He is such a people baby and loves when stuff is happening and he can soak it all in.  Turns out he just needs some antibiotics but when it took nearly until 5 for them to call in the scrip I felt like Mark Lowry's "MOMA'S ON HOLD!"

I tried to capture evidence of the mean lymphnode on camera....
underneath his ear on upper neck
it's huge compared to other side
but Kosse doesn't care about it; he just wants to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment