Monday, May 21, 2012

Peas please...or please no!

Dan jokingly calls me a hippie but I am on this kick about making Kosse's baby food.  Basically the baby bullet is a small blender but it comes with neat storage cups that have a dial with the date on them so you can easily see when you made it...and I think its cool even if it might be a little bit silly of this new moma.
Here's the system:
Everything washed and ready for use:
I took a long time deciding what food I wanted to go with first.  I chose peas.  I later regretted this as I read there can be a pea allergy and they are in the legume family (who knew?) and I thought Kosse was having a pea allergy and I had poisoned him but as it turns out he just had a bad teething day and he doesn't appear to have a pea allergy at all.  As it turns out, perhaps a dislike but not an allergy.
Once again I remind everyone, I'm a new moma.
Ok so here's Kosse hanging out while I made the peas.  I'm sure he was much more interested in the jelly on the toast I was eating prior to this.
Let's cook, moma!
The making and storage of the pea puree:
The introduction of Kosse and peas:
what's this? this doesn't look like jelly...or that chocolate chip cookie you had that I was slobbering for....
I'll do it myself, moma!
In the end, Kosse's opinion of the peas:
Better luck next time we have peas!  Symphony scrunched up her face and said she knows why Kosse didn't want the peas; they're yucky!  But moma likes them and maybe Kosse will come around too.  I just hope he doesn't associate them with teething.  We all know the infamous story of Uncle Lucas, bananas, and the flu!

No comments:

Post a Comment