Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Littlest Things Warm Your Heart

As Kosse gains more control of his movements, I have enjoyed watching him pick up toys or decide to throw them down or roll/scoot toward something, etc.  But the sweetest thing happened when I was holding him while rinsing out dishes at the sink and he snuggled his head down on my chest and sighed.  He was so content and I was filled with love and warm feeling to know that I could give him this comfort.  This morning he again snuggled his head next to my neck, said ah and fell asleep.  As he grows from my baby boy to a big boy to a little man and on, and no longer wants cuddles from moma, I hope that I can always remember this simple time and how precious it truly is.  God definitely blesses us giving us the joys of parenthood!

2 comments:

  1. I well remember that heart warming feeling with Kosse's moma and knowing that there indeed is a time when that special cuddling of your baby ends - you indeed hold that treasured memory in your heart! Eventually that warm feeling is multiplied by the knowledge that your baby is experiencing that same feeling with their baby...a special, beautiful moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came back to look at this post for the third time and managed to cry A THIRD TIME,

    love you,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete